Thursday, November 13, 2008

2

Since I've written at least four times since your last message, and that was more than a year ago, I thought it was best to remove you from my friend list.

How would you define friendship? For me, it's exchanging ideas, be they emotions or news or opinions. If there is no exchange, no awareness of the other, then there is no friendship.

And I'm not going to simply collect people like those collectable cards that kids have, just to have 500 'friends' of whom the vast majority I never hear or learn anything. Behind every square of pixels on the screen stands a human, and that goes for me too. And humans are not collectable cards.

I don't wish you ill, far from it; I wish you only success and happiness in what you do in life. But the lack of contact between us means it's time to move; you into my past, into your future.

1 Comments:

Blogger Magu said...

Just remember that sometimes you may not see someone for years and when you finally meet, you feel like no time's passed at all. and I guess that's how you realise that time doesn't necessarily hace to matter.. ;)

6:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home